"Create A Sustainable Future With Green Building"
Globally we can see a tremendous increase in infrastructure development. As the sector is growing rapidly, it is very much important to concentrate on the preservation of the environment and move towards sustainable development. The massive increase in the use of environmental resources has contributed to the climatic change. To enable the construction industry sensitive the concept of Green Building was introduced. Green buildings deal with design, construct and maintain buildings to decrease energy consumption and decrease the negative impact of buddings on the environment and public health. Green buildings make a minimum impact on the environment. It is operated in such a manner that it utilizes all resources efficiently.
Green concepts and techniques can help address national issues like water efficiency, energy efficiency, fossil fuel reduction, handling of waste and conserving natural resources. The infrastructure development needs to judiciously shifts towards sustainable living. Against this background certain green building standards are laid down to address the priorities.
Benefits of Green Building:
30-50% reduction in energy consumption
40-65% reduction in water consumption
5-30% reduction in lighting energy consumption
Better occupant comfort
Green buildings can contribute to the reduction in water and energy consumption. The energy savings could range from 20-30% and water savings around 30-50%. Adopting green building techniques can also bring enhanced air quality, excellent day lighting, waste management during construction and operation, health and wellbeing of the occupants and the construction workers on site and lesser dependence on the usage of virgin materials.
- Reduces energy consumption.
- Reduces water consumption and helps to preserve water resources.
- Reduces waste generation and encourages re-use of materials through recycling.
- Promotes the health and well-being of the occupants.
- Reduces the heat island effect.
- It produces resilient and flexible building structures.
- It considers every stage of the lifecycle of a building.
Green buildings operate much more efficiently than conventional buildings. Since the energy and water consumption is less in green buildings, operating cost will be minimum. In addition to cost savings, the comfort level and productivity of the occupants also improves. Moreover, green concepts contribute to demonstrating a commitment to sustainability.
Priorities addressed in Green Building:
Water Conservation, Handling of household waste, Energy efficiency, Reduction in usage of fossil fuels, Reduced dependency on virgin materials, Health and wellbeing of occupants are major criteria for green building certifications provided mainly by IGBC and GRIHA.
Green Building Consultancy Services from Bigeta Energy
Our consultancy services include New Building, Existing Buildings, Residential Societies, Healthcare, Schools, Factory Buildings, Data Center, Townships and Resorts. Our teams have IGBC Accredited Professionals and GRIHA Certified Professionals to assist you in green building projects from the feasibility study.
- Feasibility studies for the assessment of basic designs for Factory Buildings, Healthcare Facilities, Homes, Data Centres, Townships, Residential Societies etc...
- Facilitation of green building certifications.
- Complete documentation support for Green Building Projects.
- Provides technical support for the green homes rating system.
- Process guidance and administration including documentation support.
- Environment-friendly materials or products research and recommendations.
- Building energy and lighting simulation.
- Energy management services for any commercial buildings or industries.
- ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems Certification.
- Training and consulting in green building design.
- BEE star rating
- ASHRAE Level I & Level II audit